We are a young & aspiring world class Creative Agency based in the holy city of Varanasi, India. Founded in December 2010, and since then having evolved into a ‘total creative solutions provider’ in the region with exceptional service standards, we’ve been delivering to clients across the globe.
The Internship…and the ‘Cultural Exchange Programme’
Here at Ether, we believe in extreme diversity in whatever we do. And we aim on creating a truly ‘global’ work culture, of course by embracing candidates from across the globe on our team. This is why we are now o!ering our Internship Programme to students from across the world. Our Internship Programme will help the Interns to learn by working in a “eld of work that is mightily new to the region that we thrive in. Varanasi – the oldest living city in the world – is as old as time itself, Mark Twain had once acclaimed. This being the major reason for us to establish ourselves and innovate in a place that seems to have been tuned out by rest of the world. People tend to migrate to, live and work in the glamorous new worlds of the metropolitans – well, almost. And this is exactly what gives us the ‘wow’ factor that we keep receiving from our audiences who follow us, and clients that we work with. We are doing to this place something and to the degree that has never been done before.
What’s even more amazing? There is no place like Varanasi, they say. So, of course, the “Benaresis” also have a typical way of doing just about everything they do, and that is hard to “nd anywhere else in the world. The Interns will get a chance to stay with and work with the locals. That’s getting a truly hands-on multicultural experience, and that too in a place that can easily be entitled as the “core” of the real India.
Guess what? The founder and the creative head here has studied, lived and worked in the UK. He understands what it is like to be an International student in an entirely alien culture. And he believes that the “India experience” that our Interns will receive is going to change their lives for forever…for the good.
We are certain that the Interns will learn a whole lot while working with us and in an environment that is perhaps unthinkable for most of them. We, on the other hand, also are going to learn a lot from the Interns at the same time. We believe that our Interns will bring with them new knowledge and skills to the workforce with an added diversi”ed cultural experience. It is going to be a give & take win-win business.
This will be an unpaid Internship. Exceptional performance may earn a bonus.
WE HAVE INTERNSHIP OPENINGS FOR
- Graphic Designers
- Web Designers (& Developers)
- Motion Graphic Designers
- Business Development Managers
- Sales & Marketing Executives
Many of these posts can also be converted into full-time employment. We will see to that. Our Industry is often segmented as “Advertising & PR”, however we would like to call it “The Creative Industry”.
BENEFITS OFFERED TO OUR INTERNS
- It doesn’t cost a dime!
- 4-24 weeks Internship Programme in any of the “elds mentioned above (if your !eld of interest is missing, just ask. We might have something for you too.)
- Internship period: September 2012-February 2013
- Opportunity to work on live projects
- Accommodation & food (3 meals a day) included
- Airport pick-up and drop facility (Varanasi only)
- Training, supervision and mentoring
- Distress counseling
- Internship completion certi”cate upon successful completion of the Internship
- Must be a legal adult
- Must be able to communicate in English language
- Must be currently enrolled with at least 2 years at a college/university; or graduated college/university student
- Amazing portfolio (for the creative team)
- Must be able to work on at least one of the following: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After E!ects, Corel Draw, Adobe Flash (for the creative team)
- Must have basic knowledge of Microsoft O#ce